Wednesday, March 7, 2007

High School already?

That's right - high school. This fall my first born will embark on his high school career. How weird is that? Last night was Freshman Orientation at the high school and it was surreal sitting in that gym, looking at my son, realizing that all too soon we will be doing the same thing for college. Only 4 more years!!!! Where has the time gone? It seems like it wasn't so long ago when we brought him home from the hospital. We just sat there and stared at him and then asked each other, "Now what?" :) I have a feeling we will ask the same question the day we have to leave him at college. Jared is such an awesome person and I share his excitement of what the next few years will bring - loads of homework (ugh!), cross country, soccer, girlfriends (ugh again!), and the ever so delicate subject of DRIVING!!! So, please pray for us that we don't cause any irreversible damage to the poor boy! :)

1 comment:

Pam said...

I wish you all the best over the next four years. Watch out for those girls.